8 Wonderful Social Media Marketing Tips For Small Businesses In Pakistan
You would be forgiven for being overwhelmed with social media marketing if you are a small business owner. But, you don’t have to worry much about racking up followers and investing heavily on social campaigns to boost your business. There are more than enough ways to effectively use social media as marketing tool for your business within your budget limitations.
After all you cannot abandon the user of social media as there are millions of users on different platforms every day waiting to find and connect with you form a connection with your brand.
That is why we have come up with 8 great tips for your small business in Pakistan through which you can engage with more people every day and increase your sales significantly.
1. Start with a plan
Every business and brand startup requires a plan and strategy to succeed and it is no different with social media marketing for businesses, small and large alike. You need to craft a proper strategy rather than just diving in posting content on different platform without any direction.
Your strategy must include your business goals, your target market, what your competition is doing and how you want to take your business forward. Brainstorming will clear a path for you to start a successful marketing campaign
Let’s discuss this briefly, what you need to do:
- Set social media goals and objectives: You must have heard of SMART strategy which suggest that you should create your business goals by being specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely. You goals must be measured for logical and result harnessing metrics such as goals, conversion, acquiring traffic and sales rather than getting likes and comments.
- Research the competition: It is always a great strategy to keep an eye out for your competition. There are a number of tools available which allow you to look into what your competition is doing and through that you can craft a strategy for yourself. This will allow you to understand what works and what tactic is useless.
- Conduct a social media audit: If you are already in the process of social media marketing, take some time off and look back. Evaluate what you did and what you achieved and what tactic helped you the most.
- Find inspiration: You certainly observed what your competitors are doing on social media, but what about others? What about those inspiring success stories? Always take inspiration from success stories and see what helped them achieve such success. Also keep listening to your followers as to what do they want, this will help you craft more attention gaining posts.
2. Decide which platforms are right for you
Rather than making assumptions do your research regarding your target audience. Assuming that your audience must be using Instagram or Facebook is never the right call. Conduct a thorough research about which platform is being used most by the people who you want to target. You may think that because your products are for teens and young adults then you will find your market on Instagram but at the moment more than 90% of teens and young adults still use Facebook alongside Instagram.
You should also be aware that different social media platforms can be used to target different business goals and different audience.
3. Know your audience
It is of crucial importance that you identify who your audience is before starting any sort of campaign. The great thing about social media is that you have total control of your campaign and you can easily identify through compiling data and analytical tools that who are buying most from you. This would allow you to revisit your social media plan to include ways to reach more people just like them.
4. Build relationships
One of the greatest benefit of social media is that it allows you to engage and communicate with your audience and build a connection. Rather than trying to promote and sell your business you must find ways to connect with your audience and build relationship of trust. This is where small businesses can strike and get more customers and sales in.
When online users engage with your organic content or ads, you can instantly help them with their queries and provide them with what they are looking for. This would help you form an everlasting connection with your audience
5. Share compelling visuals whenever you can
Any social post without visual usually gets ignored as people have come to expect that every post must have a video, GIF, image or infographics.
A great picture and video will always attract more people if you compare the same thing but with no video and pictures. So many people arrange their travel plans and their dine ins according the videos and pictures they see on social media.
That is why latest social media platforms are visual-first platforms. And if you do not have compelling videos or images in your content you cannot expect anyone to sit down and read your content.
6. Focus on quality over quantity
There are a huge number of marketing elements on social media and it gets pretty confusing for those starting a small business. But, you do not have to indulge yourself into everything from the start, just find the right social platform for you and start by creating quality content which engages online users.
Make sure that you are not just promoting your brand and selling your products. Add value to your post, social media is about socializing with your friends and family and when it comes to business you audience needs you to socialize with them. Create content which brings your users closer to you and build a relationship with them
7. Monitor and respond to all social media conversations around your business
You can never get anything done on social media if you are not responding. Keep track of your campaigns, ads and posts. Make sure you are paying attention to every comment, query and messages. Keep track of where else your business is being mentioned. You have to respond appropriately to every comment, question and mention regarding your business.
This is called social listening and this itself is another topic for social media marketing.
8. Track and refine your performance
Lastly, keep track of everything you are doing and what has brought your business the maximum success. Keep track of the audience which is most attracted to your business and refine your business and marketing strategy according to this.
If you enjoyed reading this article head over to SEOHub.pk to learn about the latest digital marketing news and trends